Call for Proposals
To present at Eclipse Summit 2017, please submit your proposal before 28th April 2017 via our public proposal submission system.
The last date for submission is over, however if you missed the deadline and you think you've a really good proposal that we should consider, please feel free to add the proposal. Acceptance is subjected to available slots in the schedule.
All proposals will be public. Registered user of the submission system will be able to comment on your proposal. You are required to reply to those comments to provide clarifications, explain revisions and respond to questions. The program team will look at how well you've responded to comments and updated your proposal to incorporate public suggestions. Ultimately the decision to accept a session resides with the program team.
Your proposal stands the best chance to be selected, if it's unique, fully flushed, ready-to-go. Please ensure you've read:
To encourage early submissions and iterative improvement of proposals, we'll start accepting proposals as soon as we find them a good fit. As time passes by, the competition gets tougher. So don't wait till the last date to submit your proposal.
In terms of the overarching themes or values in the proposals, we look at the following criteria during selection:
- Diversity - As a conference, we want to be more inclusive (different approaches, different tools/techniques, gender, countries, back-ground etc.)
- Balance - We want to strike a good balance between different types of presentations (expert talks, experience reports, tutorials, workshops, etc.) and different types of experience the speakers bring to the conference.
- Equality - We encourage more students and women speakers. We won't select any proposal just because it came from a student or a women speaker. But given we have to pick 1 out of 2 equal proposal, we'll pick the one, which was proposed by a student or a women speaker.
- Practicality - People come to a conference to learn, network, have an experience and leave motivated. Proposals which directly help this are always preferred. While a little bit of theory is good, but if the proposal lacks practical application, it does not really help the participants. Also people learn more by doing rather than listening. If proposals has an element of "learn by doing" it wins over other proposals. Take people on a learning journey.
- Opportunity - While we want to ensure the conference has at least 70% rock solid speakers, we also want to give an opportunity to new speakers, who have real potential
- Originality - Original ideas wins hands-on from copied one. People always prefer listing to an idea from its creator rather than second or third person. However, you might have taken an idea and tweaked it in your context. You would have gained an insight by doing so. And certainly all of us want to hear your first-hand experience, even though you were not the creator of the original idea. We are looking for Thought-Leadership.
- Radical Ideas - We really respect people, who want to push the boundaries and challenge the status quo. We have a soft-corner for unconventional ideas and will try our best to support them and bring awareness to their work.
- Demand - Likes on a proposal and buzz on social media gives us an idea of how many people are really interested in the topic. (We fully understand votes can be gamed, but we've a system that can eliminate some bogus votes and use different types of patterns to give us a decent sense of the real demand.)
All conference videos will be recorded and released freely under Creative Commons (CC) License on our YouTube Channel. The speaker owns the copyrights to the videos.
Speakers will be compensated as follows:
|60 or 90 minutes session||1 Free Conference Registration + 2 Hotel Night|
|45 minutes session||1 Free Conference Registration + 1 Hotel Night|
|20 minutes session||1 Free Conference Registration|
|< 20 minutes||No Compensation|
Speakers can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for discount code to register for the conference.
Compensation listed above is only for primary speakers. Co-presenters can avail a 50% discount on their registrations. Hotel nights are capped at 3 nights for speakers with multiple accepted sessions. They cannot be accumulated beyond the cap or transferred to another person. Free registrations cannot be accumulated or transferred.
Albania, Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China- SAR Hongkong, China- SAR Macau, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
We recommend all foreign delegates (speakers & participants) apply for this visa, 1 month before your departure to India. This is the safest, cheapest and most hassle-free visa.
While filling your visa application online, please use the following person's details as the contact person:
Ms. Shveta Datta,
The Chancery Pavilion Hotel
#135, Residency Road, Bangalore - 560 025, India
Mobile: +91 99000 94659
Citizens from other countries are required to apply for a tourist or business visa at their nearest Indian Embassy. Please request us for an invitation letter. Start your visa process at least 2 months before your departure to India.
Please do not apply for Conference Visa. This visa is only applicable for government run conferences.